Be smart, be safe, be sensible
Fireworks are increasingly used to mark big celebrations such as Bonfire Night, Diwali and New Years’ Eve.
Don’t let your support for key workers go up in flames…
Carefully consider the risks of having a home fireworks display and the impact on your community (noise, animals, environment) and the additional burden on NHS A&E and the Emergency Services if things go wrong:
- Shop safely – only buy CE marked fireworks from licensed premises
- Keep a lid on it – keep fireworks in a closed tin
- Think don’t drink – alcohol and fireworks do not mix
- Stay alert – always supervise children around fireworks
- Stand back – never return to a lit firework
- Stay legal – don’t buy via social media sites or residential homes
Alternatively enjoy your fireworks virtually with an online display.
Take pride in your community
Arson is a crime – report incidents anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Report issues such as fly-tipping in your area to www.fixmystreet.com