Cleveland Fire Brigade’s team of Advocates and Home Fire Safety Officers have specialised training to support vulnerable adults in our community.
Our Advocates are based across Cleveland and offer a range of services FREE of charge:
- Safer Homes visits to help improve fire safety in the home and identify other potential risks e.g. slipping and tripping hazards.
- Provision of risk reduction equipment e.g. smoke alarms and other equipment such flame retardant blankets, reachers and bedding, subject to assessment.
- Delivery of our Stay Safe and Warm equipment to vulnerable adults
- Provision of letterbox locks and smoke alarms for those with increased vulnerability.
- Promote safety and wellbeing e.g. giving fire safety talks to community groups.
- Work with partner agencies to provide response and assistance and if required referrals to access further support e.g. FALLS teams.
To get in touch with the advocate team please email Advocates@clevelandfire.gov.uk or call:
Hartlepool area – 01429 851258
Middlesbrough area – 01642 811650
Redcar area – 01642 777651
Stockton area – 01642 366198