When you call 999 and request the Fire and Rescue Service who is there to help?
All the emergency calls are taken by a team of people at our Control Room at our Headquarters. Control is open 24 hours a day. As well as taking and responding to 999 calls, they make sure the right Fire Appliances go to the right area.
More specifically, the department is responsible for:
- The acceptance of emergency and non-emergency calls from a range of sources.
- Mobilising of resources i.e. Firefighters and the appliances.
- Maintaining Communication with appliances throughout an incident.
- Mobilising additional resources including equipment as required.
- Maintain information on Fire & Rescue Service operational resources
- Liaising with other emergency and non-emergency agencies
All job openings are posted on North East Jobs