The United Kingdom might now have the safest roads in the European Union, but the number of people dying or being injured on our roads is still too high.
In 2012/13 there were 10 people killed and 130 people seriously injured on roads across Cleveland.
Road traffic collisions are preventable, as many of them are caused by people driving:
- too fast or overtaking dangerously
- whilst using a mobile
- under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- whilst tired
- without using a seatbelt
Winter Driving Safety
Throughout November we will be helping you stay safe on the roads this Winter.
Find out about our Winter Vehicle Safety Check on Saturday 8 November at Coulby Newham Fire Station.
You can also view and download safety information below:
Tyre Safety is important all year round, please read the information below:
- An video to help you check your tyre pressure
- Tyre safety information for all vehicles including cars, caravans and motorbikes
- Winter tyre safety information
We are a member of the Cleveland Road Safety Partnership and we work together to educate our communities to make our roads safer.
You can view some road safety campaign videos below.
- Find out about our Learn & Live presentation.
- Cleveland Police have set also up a Community Speedwatch initiative. Find out more and become involved.
- View the Brake (road safety charity) website
View the Governments’ THINK! road safety campaign website