Fire sprinkler systems are the only devices able to detect a fire in a home or business then control and probably extinguish it. Damage from fire and water is minimal. And so is the installation cost.
There is clear evidence that sprinklers can be effective in stopping fires spreading and putting them out. Cleveland Fire Brigade is playing a key role in promoting better understanding of the benefits of sprinklers as part of a core commitment to reducing the impact of fire on people, property and the environment across Cleveland.
- Reduce death and injury from fire
- Reduce the risks to firefighters
- Protect property and heritage
- Reduce the effects of arson
- Reduce the environmental impact of fire
- Reduce fire costs and the disruption to the community and business
- Permit design freedoms and encourage innovative, inclusive and sustainable architecture
To find out more read our leaflet.
If you would like to pledge your support to get sprinklers fitted to new homes, please sign the online e-petition. If the petition receives the backing of 100,000 people it could be debated in Parliament. To sign the e-petition visit this page and search for sprinklers.
View our promotional video