During the dark nights and over the festive season, you may use different types of bulbs, lights or lampshades.
You will also need to change bulbs, so follow our safety tips below to stay safe:
- Always keep lights or bulbs away from fabrics eg curtains.
- Never cover lights or lamps with fabrics.
- If you use a gas or paraffin lamp make sure it is working properly and used in a well-ventilated area.
- Ensure that you fit bulbs of the correct wattage to each lamp.
- To subdue the lighting, use a low wattage bulb.
- If a bulb has blown, ensure the light is off, wait for the bulb to cool down, and change it for a correctly sized new one.
You can also view information on