Help protect your local community – become a Retained Firefighter!
Retained firefighting can be for anyone, it could be the ideal job for a parent who needs flexible working hours, someone with some spare time or is unemployed or even someone in full-time employment.
If you would like to be a Retained Firefighter you must live within five minutes travel from the fire station you will be based at and the job involves a number of hours where you must be available for call outs via a pager.
We are looking for dedicated and committed people to deliver modern fire and rescue services within your local community. Join us at this exciting time of change and we will provide you with a high level of training and a chance to be part of a professional team.
We are currently recruiting for Stockton Fire Station, South Road, Norton, TS20 2SU.
To apply to be a Retained Firefighter you must:
- Live and be able to respond and arrive within 5 minutes and provide cover on a rotational call-out basis to the Station you will be situated at
- Be 18 years old at the commencement of the training course
- Meet the Fire & Rescue Services medical standards for eyesight, colour vision, hearing, lung function and general fitness
- Be eligible to work in the UK
And it would be desirable if you:
- Hold a full UK car driving licence
- Hold an LGV driving licence
A candidate may not:
- Be currently employed as a Police Officer
You can apply at www.northeastjobs.org.uk
Closing date for applications for Stockton Fire Station is 31 January 2015
Want to know more?
Phone: 01429 874121 (Human Resources Team Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)