BURNING DESIRE TO HELP?
Protect your local community – become a On-Call Firefighter
On-Call firefighters are members of the community who are paid to provide an on-call service responding to emergency calls in the same way as full-time firefighters, using the same appliances and equipment, but who are ‘on call’ rather than employed full-time and based at a fire station.
On-Call firefighters have to respond and arrive within five minutes of the station (see Your Area for list of stations) during their hours of declared availability. They respond via a pager system. No previous experience is required as comprehensive training is provided.
To apply to be an On-Call Firefighter you must:
- Live within, and be able to respond and arrive within 5 minutes of the Fire Station
- Provide cover on a rotational call-out basis to the Fire Station you will be situated at
- Be 18 years old at the start of the training course
- Have a good all round level of fitness
- Meet Fire & Rescue Services medical standards (eyesight, colour vision, hearing, lung function)
- Be eligible to work in the UK
It’s desirable for you to:
- Hold a full UK car driving licence
- Hold an LGV driving licence
Please note a candidate may not be currently employed as a warranted Police Officer.
Dates to remember:
Click a heading for more information
Cleveland Fire Brigade employs males and females from a range of diverse ethnic backgrounds. We regard ourselves as an employer that promotes equality and values diversity and we would particularly welcome applications from women and those from a minority ethnic background.
You can apply at www.northeastjobs.org.uk
If you have any queries email email@example.com or call HR on 01429 874021