Seven out of ten fires across our area are caused by arson. In 2015 they cost you, the people of Cleveland, £11.3 million.
Over the past 12 years arson has massively reduced by 67% in our area from 9220 incidents in 2003 which would of cost a whopping £50.9 million to 3028 in 2015.
Through working together, we hope to stop these nuisance fires and put a stop to arson once and for all.
If you have any information on arson, which could be about where it’s happening or who is responsible, call Crimestoppers confidentially on 0800 555 111, or Cleveland Police on 101.
So help us stop arson because ‘Enough is Enough’
The cost of arson
Although the financial cost is massive, arson:
- is a crime which can easily result in death or injury
- leads to significant damage to your community, your business and the environment
- puts firefighters lives at risk and diverts them from real emergencies
To help protect your family, your community and your business from arson, please view and download our leaflets (pdf):
Arson Prevention Work
To help prevent and reduce arson across Cleveland we:
- educate people about the consequences and the impact it has upon their community
- work closely with the Police to deter, identify and prosecute arsonists
- work with our partners to make our environment tidier, safer and a better place to live and work
- run targeted campaigns and initiatives at key times of the year
All incidents of arson are fully investigated with Cleveland Police. Arsonists will be caught and prosecuted – it will ruin their lives too.