We have some beautiful historic buildings and landmarks in Cleveland and must ensure that these buildings and their contents are protected from fire.
Cleveland Fire Brigade has plans for dealing with incidents in heritage buildings and we work closely with the National Trust
If you are the owner or manager of a heritage building there are some simple steps you can take to protect it and lower the risks of your building being involved in a fire and in the event of fire limit the damage to building and its contents.
- Conduct a fire safety risk assessment of both the building and its contents and record findings and consider the buildings location and access to water.
- Create a salvage plan for the building and contents consider factors such as removal of closest risk items, inventory of priority items, protection of items that cannot be removed, salvage recovery locations and security.
- The most effective protection against fire is a suppression system such as Sprinklers.
- Fire Protection in Britain’s Heritage Buildings FIA
- Managing fire safety in historical buildings CFPA
- Heritage protection guide Historic England
- The British Automatic Sprinkler Association
Contact us: click here to email or call 01429 874109 to speak to our Fire Engineering team