Electronic controls, timers and thermostats are fitted on our boilers, so this means you may not notice that something is wrong.
Follow the safety tips below to keep your boiler and central heating system safe and efficient.
Annual safety check
- Get your boiler serviced once a year – this keeps your boiler safe and efficient and reduces the chance of a breakdown
- If your boiler is not insured, or if your cover plan does not include an annual safety check, you need to contact a registered engineer
- If you have a gas boiler, you must use a Corgi registered technician
- If you have an oil-filled boiler contact Oftec to find a local, qualified engineer
- Never attempt to service the boiler yourself
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a gas with no taste, smell or colour, that can be given off by faulty gas appliances. This can be fatal so it is essential you know how to spot the symptoms of a faulty appliance and the first signs of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Click here for more information.