Why not join us on our next Excellerate Course?
We work in partnership with Elite to target young people, aged 16 – 19 year old, who are currently not in employment, education or training.
The Excellerate course runs three days a week (Monday – Wednesday) for three weeks. On this course you:
- will be able to achieve a BTEC level 2 Award in Fire and Rescue Services in the Community
- will receive £150 incentive payments based on attendance (£50 Cash on week 2 for 100% attendance, £100 vouchers for 100% attendance for week 3)
- can speak to and receive advice and mentoring on completion to identify next steps
- may also be provided with a bus pass to help you to attend
The course is a balance of both classroom and practical Fire Brigade drills. Throughout the course you will cover:
- the role of the fire service in the community
- firefighter drills
- health and safety
- team work skills
- communication skills
The current course will begin on Monday 23 September 2013 at Redcar Community Fire Station, and will finish on Wednesday 9 October 2013. The dates attendance is required are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday:
- 23rd, 24th and 25th September
- 30th September, 1st and 2nd October
- 7th, 8th and 9th October
Want to find out more? Please call Daniel Smith on 07725 956569 email email@example.com to arrange an interview. Interviews should take no longer than 30 minutes.
- This course is ESF funded through Elite, as such, if you have been previously funded for an Elite programme you may not qualify
- Benefits can still be claimed whilst on the programme