Cleveland Fire Brigade is committed to providing a professional and efficient service that’s valued by the community we serve. We welcome comments on how we provide this service whether that involves congratulations, criticism or constructive suggestions.
We deal with all compliments and complaints in a timely, consistent and confidential manner. All comments received will be used to contribute to the formulation of policy and service improvement.
Contacting us to make a Compliment or Complaint
- In person at any Cleveland Fire Brigade establishment.
- By telephone: 01429 874030 or 01429 872311.
- In writing to the Risk & Performance Department or any Cleveland Fire Brigade establishment.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completing our online form below.
- Completing a copy of the ‘A Guide to Compliments and Complaints‘ booklet (click on the image to download file) and send it to the address on the front.
All compliments will be recorded and acknowledged within five working days. Details will then be passed to the appropriate Senior Officer and the staff concerned.
- Step One – If your complaint has not been resolved at the point of contact it will be referred to the Risk & Performance Team who will acknowledge receipt within five working days.
- Step Two – An investigation into your complaint will be carried out immediately by the appropriate Manager and you will normally receive a full response to your complaint within 10 working days. If this is not possible as more complex complaints can take longer to investigate, you will be kept informed during each stage of the investigation until a full response can be provided.
- Step Three – If you are unhappy with the response to your complaint, you can ask for a review. Your complaint will then be passed to a Senior Officer who will carry out further investigations and provide a full response within 28 days.
- Step Four – If after that review, you are still dissatisfied, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman who will investigate the matter on your behalf.