Cleveland Fire Brigade is committed to providing a professional and efficient service that is valued by the community we serve. We welcome feedback whether it is congratulations, criticism or constructive suggestions.
We deal with all compliments and complaints in a timely, consistent and confidential manner. All comments received will be used to contribute to the improvement of our services.
Contacting us to make a Compliment or Complaint
You can make a Compliment or Complaint in the following ways:
- In person at any Cleveland Fire Brigade site
- By telephone: 01429 874030 or 01429 872311
- In writing to any Cleveland Fire Brigade establishment
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completing our online form below
- Completing the booklet (below) and forward to the address shown
All compliments will be recorded and acknowledged within five working days. Details will then be passed to the appropriate Senior Officer and the staff concerned.
- Step One – If your complaint has not been resolved at the point of contact it will be referred to the Risk & Performance Team who will acknowledge receipt within five working days.
- Step Two – Your complaint will be investigated by the appropriate Manager and you should receive a full response within 10 working days. More complex complaints may take longer to investigate, if this is the case you will be kept informed during each stage of the investigation until a full response is provided.
- Step Three – If you are unhappy with the response you can ask for a review. Your complaint will then be passed to a Senior Officer who will carry out further investigations and provide a full response within 28 days.
- Step Four – If after that review, you remain dissatisfied, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman who will investigate the matter on your behalf.