Cleveland Fire Brigade is committed to providing a professional and efficient service that is valued by the community it serves. We welcome comments on how we provide this service whether that involves congratulations, criticism or constructive suggestions. All comments received will be used in a positive way to contribute to the formulation of policy and service improvement.
Contacting us to make a Compliment or Complaint
You can make a Compliment or Complaint in the following ways :
- In person at any Cleveland Fire Brigade establishment.
- By telephone: 01429 874034 or out of office hours 01429 874060.
- In writing to the Risk & Performance Department at Brigade HQ or any Cleveland Fire Brigade establishment.
- By email to email@example.com
- Or complete our online form below.
All compliments will be recorded and acknowledged within five working days. Details will then be passed to the appropriate Senior Officer and the staff concerned.
- Step One – If your complaint has not been resolved at the point of contact it will be referred to the Risk & Performance Team who will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five working days.
- Step Two – An investigation into your complaint will be carried out immediately by the appropriate Manager and you will normally receive a full response to your complaint within 10 working days. If this is not possible as more complex complaints can take longer to investigate you will be kept informed during each stage of the investigation until a full response can be provided.
- Step Three – If you are not happy with the response to your complaint, you can ask for a review of the way your complaint was handled. Your complaint will then be passed to a Senior Officer who will carry out further investigations and provide a full response within 10 days.
- Step Four – If after that review, you are still dissatisfied, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsmen who will investigate the matter on your behalf.